Mount Brandon Hostel
Mount Brandon Hostel is located at the foot of Brandon Mountain along the Dingle Way walking route and on the Wild Atlantic Way driving and cycling route. The hostel is situated in one of the most scenic and unspoiled regions of Ireland. A hill walker’s paradise for both the discerning hill walkers and the casual walkers, it affords you breathtaking views of both the valleys and hills surrounding the mountain and Birdseye views of Tralee Bay and its fantastic beaches, ideal for surfing and angling. The area is also renowned for its fishing, both river, lake and sea, offering you an experience you will not forget.
This area is steeped in archaeological treasures, which adds an extra dimension to your visit. Riding the waves is one of the favourite pastimes of those who enjoy the surf and the beaches surrounding the bay are some of the best available in Ireland and enjoyed yearly by many from far and near.
Mount Brandon Hostel is located in the lovely village of Cloghane on the Dingle Peninsula, in the Kingdom of Kerry in South West Ireland. It’s at the foot of Mount Brandon and overlooking Brandon Bay. There are two village pubs, full of character with regular music sessions and both serve good food. We have something for everyone with Single, Double, Twin and Family rooms all en-suite. We cater for groups up to 45-ish, for parties, celebrations, re-unions, school trips.
We provide tailored packages for groups and cater for Birthdays,Celebrations,Re-unions,Anniversaries. We also host Retreats, Trainings, Team Building and Special Interest Groups. We regularly welcome Hill Walking and Student Groups schools and colleges. We can arrange and advise on pick-ups, drop-drops offs, activities and tours and we can arrange local transport for groups arriving by Plane/Bus/Train.
Some of the facilities available at Mount Brandon Hostel :-
- Lovely Single, Double, Twin, Family and Dorm rooms – all with private Bathrooms.
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet access point.
- Light breakfast provided at no extra cost – Tea/Coffee, Cereal, Toast.
- Music session in local pubs at weekends during Season.
- Music, Song and Dance nights in Hostel in Summer and Mondays all year round.
- Two great pubs with music sessions, open fires, great food within 1 minutes walk.
- Award winning bakery and shop in Village – Local Cheeses, Pates, Free Range eggs etc.
- Towels can be provided on request (Small Fee may be applied).
- Bed Linen provided and beds made up for guests.
- Baggage transfer arranged.
- Family run and Child Friendly !
- Apartments for mini breaks and longer stays – also for Group Leaders.
- Picnic area right on the water.
- Private, secure car park.
- Large dining room overlooking the Bay patio seating available.
- Cosy lounge overlooking the Sea.
- Well-equipped kitchen.
- Meditation / Yoga Space.